Saturday, 12 November 2016

"Show me how you live. Show me how you fight. Show me who you are."

Open Road Films have recently released their latest trailer and quad poster for Ben Younger's (Boiler Room) true life boxing drama Bleed For This.





Boiler Room (2000) writer/director Ben Younger is scripting and directing this one, charting the story of Vinny Pazienza (Miles Teller) who broke his neck in three places in a traffic accident in 1991 while he was at the peak of his career. Against doctors' orders, Pazienza returned to the gym with his neck still encased in a metal halo, began working out and eventually won three more titles. He went on to retire with a 50-10 record.

Ciarán Hinds (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy) plays Pazienza's fathe, Angelo, while Aaron Eckhart (Battle Los Angeles) will be Pazienza's trainer, Kevin Rooney, an infamous name in the boxing community of the time who pushes him to recover.

"It was by far the toughest thing I've ever done," Teller told Empire magazine last month. "If I am super nervous about doing something, as I was with Vinny, I would rather me have the opportunity to mess it up than somebody else. I only had maybe a month with my boxing trainer. You don't become a professional anything in a month if you’ve never done it before. It was a lot of trust and practice, motivated by fear."





Bleed For This is taking aim at a 23 November release in the US before arriving in the UK on 2 December.

No comments:

Post a Comment