Sunday, 27 November 2016

Joss Whedon is writing a WWII movie and wants to make a Star Wars film

Joss Whedon has kept pretty quiet since directing Avengers: Age Of Ultron (2015), an experience that he admitted "broke me a little bit." But now he is back, returning to his long dormant Twitter account, launching the celebrity packed political campaign Save The Day, and talking up future projects.





In an interview with Complex, Whedon revealed that he was in the middle of a screenplay that was "a departure from the things I'm known for" and "as dark as anything I've ever written".

"It's a historical fiction slash horror movie," Whedon explained, "about a time when the world was going insane, World War II."

Tantalisingly, the filmmaker also sounded open to the idea of directing a Star Wars movie – especially a standalone spin-off such as Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. "I saw the trailer for Rogue a while ago and I was like, 'I want to do that.' To make a Star Wars movie and not be wed to the bigger picture."

The Buffy and Firefly creator also sounded keen to return to television: "I feel like they've perfected it," he said. "I'm like, 'Wait guys wait, wait for me!' I really want to make this film, but I miss television. It's like writing a novel – you get to keep digging into these characters, it's a real drug."

Most intriguingly of all, he also revealed himself to be an unlikely Great British Bake Off fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment