Sunday, 29 March 2015

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sequel begins shooting next month

It's fair to say that there were some studio nerves about the release of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot last year. Half a billion dollars in worldwide box office later, however, and Paramount Studios breathed a massive sigh of relief and immediately green lit a sequel into development. Now news arrives via Coming Soon that follow-up will start shooting next month, with David Green (Earth To Echo) set to direct.





Green replaces Jonathan Liebesman, who has moved on to the TV Terry Brooks adaptation The Shannara Chronicles, among other projects. Green's cameras will be rolling, so we're told, in New York City, and slightly further out in Buffalo. "There is no better way to project the character of this city than through television and film," says the New York City Council's Dan Garodnick. "And what's more New York than pizza-loving ninjas and a talking rat?"

This being a Platinum Dunes production, Michael Bay (Transformers) will once again be producing alongside Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. As last time, Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec are writing the screenplay, and Megan Fox and William Fichtner are expected to return as, respectively, April O'Neil and Eric Sacks. But neither are yet officially signed on.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 already has a release date of 3 June next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment